As the new Supply Chain Manager for our unit in Germany, you will have the important task of leading our supply chain team and overseeing all activities related to our suppliers. Your primary goal will be to ensure uninterrupted and smooth operations. This includes organizing and coordinating all aspects of our supplier relationships. You will manage every phase of the purchase of components, raw materials and third-party systems in close coordination with the engineering and production planning area in order to best fulfil the contractual obligations towards our customers up to the delivery of the entire scope of supply and the end products.
This position requires a move to Belecke-Warstein or the surrounding area.
- Collaborate with sourcing managers and buyers to find suitable products.
- Implementation of the sourcing strategy at the local facility in close coordination with the Global Sourcing Team.
- Negotiation of contracts with suppliers and customers.
- Planning and implementation of the logistics strategy to achieve the targets.
- Using computer software (SAP) to track goods from origin to delivery.
- Creation of forecasts, monitoring of inventory levels, detailed documentation of processes and performance analysis.
- Efficient cost management with consistently high quality.
- Ensuring full transparency throughout the supply chain.
- Leading and motivating a team of supply chain workers.
- Improving overall supply chain performance by identifying potential process innovations.
- Developing relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Risk management to minimize operational or reputational risks that could affect or disrupt the supply chain.
- Preferably a completed education in the fields of logistics, supply chain or engineering.
- At least 8-10 years of experience working in a supply chain department of a manufacturing company, ideally with a focus on international activities.
- At least 2-3 years of team leadership experience.
- Fluent English skills (B2).
- Strong planning skills.
- Good time management, with the ability to work under pressure, maintain accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Ability for problem solving, decision making and strategic thinking.
- Excellent people skills to work effectively with internal and external teams.
What we offer
We offer an excellent opportunity for professional development in a historic company, with an extraordinary brand recognition, market leadership and global presence. The location of the factory also provides a privileged working environment, as well as stable, flexible, and highly competitive labor conditions.
We generally discourage paper applications as they contribute to environmental concerns, and we appreciate your efforts to be environmentally conscious. We eagerly anticipate receiving your detailed application materials.
Other benefits include:
- Exciting tasks in the field of energy supply (from classic areas to the energy transition)
- A positive welcome culture and excellent induction by our experienced colleagues
- Large canteen with a large selection on the premises
- Attractive remuneration and extensive social benefits
- 30 days of holiday leave
- Individual training and personal development opportunities