Through the intelligent communication link between the UPS, the server and the existing network topology, information is forwarded by means of security mechanisms to all server and computer systems powered by the UPS. This is where the information is processed in the software modules. Phased shutdowns are possible if the software modules on the respective servers are cofigured accordingly.
All CompuWatch modules work as a service and /or backend process. Individual procedures can be launched through shellscript and/or batch programming.
With the CompuWatch client, a graphical front end for Microsoft Windows operating systems, you can monitor and control all UPS installations connected to the network. It is also possible to control the network using the scheduler.
AEG Power Solutions products provide you with a complete, one-stop-shop security solution for networks.
- Software in client / server technology
- Integration in the operating system as a backend process
- Supports RS232, USB and network interfaces in the UPS devices
- User-friendly, easy installation and configuration
- Multi server shutdown in standard and non-standard networks
- Programmable activities thanks to a scheduling mechanism
- Password-protected control functions
- User-friendly frontend to monitor UPS devices, locally and in the network
- Selectable bar displays for measured values
- Automated shutdown of server and computer systems
- Supports the wake up on LAN function for sequential reboots
- Adaptable shutdown procedure through shell script and batch files
- Event notification via network or text message and e-mail
- Freely configurable event manager
- Logging of all UPS and computing events based on date and time
- Supports the most important operating systems