The system can operate in Eco Mode and Smart Eco Mode efficiency then reaching up to 99%, which reduces the energy costs associated. Using Protect Plus S500 also means decreasing the production of waste heat and minimizing the air conditioning costs. This results in significant cost savings and contributes to reducing the carbon footprint of the installation.
The system is an ideal backup power solution for medium and large critical applications where the power consumption, the footprint and the maintainability are key factors.
The UPS can be wall-mounted or installed side by side or back to back.
- Input PF >0.99 and THDi <3%*
- AC/AC efficiency up to 99% in ECO mode*
- Output PF up to 1 (kVA=kW) and load PF range between 0.5 inductive and 0.5 capacitive without derating
- Up to 8 units in parallel
- Static and maintenance bypass lines and switches always included
- Up to 125% of permanent overload capability through the static bypass line
- Dry contacts board (settable and pre-defined contacts both in input and output), Modbus (via RS232/485), free slot for SNMP card
- 7" color touch screen display
- Compatible with VRLA and Li-ion batteries
- Battery strings settable from 32 to 44 VRLA battery blocks (12V each)*
- Common battery string(s) configurable (with two UPS in parallel)
- Frequency converter mode available*
- Wide range of options: load bus synchronization, battery temperature sensor, IP21/31 enclosure, bottom cable entry, external battery switch, SNMP communication card
- Operating temperature up to 40°C (can tolerate up to 50°C with power derating)
* Conditions apply
Easy installation, operation and maintenance: front access to the main components, for easy maintenance or inspection. Parallel upgrade is easy and simply requires a signal cable
Maximized savings in terms of footprint (m2), power installed (kVA), electrical system (cabling and protection devices) and power management (kW and cost)
Low input THDi and PF>0.99: no additional power-consuming input filters needed
Smart ECO mode: when the bypass voltage and frequency are within the predefined range, the inverter will operate in parallel with the static bypass line, for the harmonic compensation and PF correction, while the static bypass will be connected to the load
Intelligent Test Mode: This mode will let the UPS to be tested directly onsite during the commissioning or the preventive maintenance operations, without using external dummy loads, thus saving money and energy from the mains utility